Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Travel and Space

Today started like so many days where I wakeup before my body wishes to, with negative-motivation.  I think I have all my things ready for a trip to NYC, the underwear I have on, and my camera - check.  My friend is getting married this weekend and it's my birthday.  Outside the sky is gray, no sunlight for miles.  At the airport my tripod made it through security without so much as a second look from the agent.  Sitting in the terminal I'm subject to people with their cell-phones attached to their heads.  The woman on my right with her iMovie/iTV sob story about how she lost 3-4 hours of family video editing last night (save early save often lady).  The lady on my left, calling everyone in her contact list to say she is at the airport, on her way to Hawaii.  On the plane we leave the runway and  break through the overcast skies (View Image).  I was surprised, for some reason, to see sun, as if it's not there at all when the skies are gray.  The top side of the clouds look like a snow covered desert.  It gave me a reminder that we live on a globe with an air coating and made me wonder, will regular people someday travel beyond the atmosphere on a day to day basis?  As Carl Sagan said, "If we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, return to the stars."

1 comment:

  1. It's awesome you have a blog now :-) Looking forward to reading interesting stuffs!

    ReplyDelete